Cal. Supreme Court Website Resources
May 25, 2011
California criminal appellate practitioners might turn to the California Supreme Court's website to keep current on pending cases & issues. Several resources, including a new pending issues report are worth a visit. The website includes:
- Pending Issues Summary: provides separate lists of pending criminal and civil cases with descriptions of the issue presented in each case. (For a topical index of pending issues, visit the CCAP High Court Pending Issues page.)
- Weekly Case Summaries: weekly news release describing issues presented in cases accepted for review in previous week.
- Weekly Conference Results: lists of orders on petitions for review, publication/depublication requests, and writs. (Issues presented are not described.)
- Briefs of Argued Cases: provides PDF copies of briefs in argued cases. Currently includes briefs in cases argued between the January 27, 2010, and June 3, 2011, calendar dates.
- High Profile Case: " online access to some case documents in high profile cases.
back to news