- The Revised Safety and Welfare plan (dated March 31, 2006) and
Special Master Donna Brody's April 6, 2006 report--both documentating
on-going problems at CYA/DJJ--are available from the Prison Law Office website.
- Senate Bill 459 (Amending WI sec. 731, eff. Jan. 1,
2004) Legislative History
- Matthew L. Cate, California Inspector General, The
California Youth Authority Has Not Corrected Deficiencies
Identified by Past Audits in Its "Core Mission"
of Providing Rehabilitation Services to Wards, Press
Release, Dated Jan. 3, 2005.
- Office of the Inspector General,
Accountability Audit: Review of Audits of the California
Youth Authority 2002-2003 (dated January, 2005).
- Corrections Independent Review Panel, Reforming
California's Youth and Adult Correctional System (June,
- Farrell v. Harper, Alameda County Superior
Court case no. RG03079344 (filed Jan., 2003) (class action
regarding conditions at CYA). (Current docket
information on the status of Farrell is available
on the Alameda County Superior Court Web site.)
- CYA (Information available on the CYA Web site)
- CYA-Related Statutes (Excerpts)
Code of Regulations
- Department of the Youth Authority (Title 15, Division
- Youthful Offender Parole Board (Title 15, Division